The parish of St. Matthew has been blessed by the institution of 24 men into the Ministry of Acolyte by Bishop Kevin Vann at St. Patrick's Cathedral in Fort Worth. These men were chosen by our pastor to enter this ministry and to serve the parish and the clergy both within the liturgy of the Mass and outside of Mass.
What is an Acolyte?
- He is the primary extraordinary minister of Holy Communion
- He an altar server
- He assists the deacon and priest at the altar
- Besides the priest and the deacon, the acolyte is the only person allowed to purify and wipe the sacred vessels after communion
- With the pastor's permission, he may expose the Blessed Sacarament for adoration, but he may not give the blessing with the monstrance
- He may carry the cross during the procession to the altar
- He is authorized to wear the alb and cincture
- In some dioceses, he is called a subdeacon
Saul Garcia, Sr.
Saul Garcia, Jr.
Jose Jaime Rojas