Policy for Religious Education/Youth Ministry
Thank you for taking the time to inquire about Religious formation for your child(ren)/Youth at St. Matthew Catholic Community. It is the desire of the clergy and staff of our Community to serve all of our registered parishioners in a thorough and timely manner. In an effort to accomplish this task and improve the registration process, the following policy will now take effect:
· Registered families will have first and primary access to Religious Education Programs, Projects and Formation. We welcome the new/non-registered member as class space allows.
· Kinder-5th Grade elementary Regular Religious Education Classes will have a registration date and time different than youth Ministry (Grades 6th—12th ). The only exception will be: RCIA/Adapted for Grades 3rd—12th will continue to register with Elementary Regular Religious Education. A fee PER STUDENT will apply. We request that fees are paid at time of registration.
· Who can register a child/Youth in a Religious Education Program? Only a parent or the legal guardian can register a child in one of our programs.
· To insure the protection of children in our programs, we must have the signature of the parent or legal guardian on all forms at the registration.
· All forms must be completed and signed at the time of registration.
· Parents or legal guardian must provide the most recent report card for first time students.
· Registration will begin at the time advertised in the parish bulletin Families waiting prior to the advertised beginning time will receive their appropriate paperwork to complete.
· For the protection of our staff and volunteers, should a parent and/or legal guardian become belligerent or offensive at any time during the process, they will be kindly escorted our of the facility immediately.